Thought of the Day

My Huckleberry Prayer

Dear God,

You gave me the knowledge, resources and desire to plant these seeds. I pray that you will help them grow to your glory. And thank you for making huckleberries, we love them.

Amen

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Got The Seeds

So today, the seeds I ordered came in the mail. While it is a very nice day today and I was hoping to get a start on the planting, I live in Colorado. One of the sayings we have here is "You know you live in Colorado if it's snowing in the morning and you're wearing shorts in the afternoon. Well, it's sorta happening in reverse. There is a winter storm warning ineffect until Saturday. Needless to say, if I tried to plant the seeds now they'd die.

So, I'm going to wait until the weather at least turns nice again. I know that living in Colorado makes me run the risk of having snow in May. But if I get them started when it's nice out I can give them a head start and then bring them in if the weather turns bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment