Thought of the Day

My Huckleberry Prayer

Dear God,

You gave me the knowledge, resources and desire to plant these seeds. I pray that you will help them grow to your glory. And thank you for making huckleberries, we love them.

Amen

Monday, May 9, 2011

So far...Nothing

So, it is now the beginning of May and my seeds have not germinated yet. I actually sorta gave up on them a few weeks ago it's just taken a while for me to post something. I started getting nervous around 8 weeks which was the upper limit for time to let them start sprouting. About a month or so after that I finally resigned myself to the fact that they weren't going to do anything. Also, I e-mailed the company that I get my seeds from and was told that they should have germinated by then as well. They also told me that they would send me another packet since their seeds are guaranteed to sprout but so far I haven't seen any.
My plan of action at this point is, if I get another pack of seeds from them, to try and see if I can get anything growing at all before the season ends. If I don't end up getting another pack, I'm gonna wait till next season, and plant pots with different variables (type of soil, amount of ammonium sulphate, bark (if any)). I'm hoping that way will give me a better probability of finding the right soil makeup. I'm also considering buying a live plant just to see if I can get any cues from it as well.
Sorry to anyone who may be disappointed by this news. I know I am. If anything changes I will sure to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment